While studying as an history undergrad I took a variety of subjects including:
- Britain from the civil war to waterloo C1630-1815
- Africans in 18th century Britain
- Union & Disunion, the USA 1877-1992
- Radical Discourse in western culture
- Gandhi and the Triumph of Indian nationalism 1914-48
- The Origins of the First World War 1871-1914
- Britain’s Imperial Century 1840-1902
- Witchcraft, Religion and Magic in England
- Race & Society in the American South 1868-1968
- The rise & fall of the British Empire
- The Boar War 1899-1902
- The Uses of History
- Independent Study: Does the way JFK handled the Cuban Missile Crisis contribute to his reputation as a successful leader in foreign policy?
- Dissertation: Explain why the relationship between Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots was a complex struggle that eventually ended in Mary’s execution
At Post Graduate level I studied:
- The hidden Wiring: Government and the Constitution Since 1945
- History: Approaches, Methods Challenges
- Understanding Religion Historically Part 1
- Understanding Religion Historically Part 2
- Dissertation: Access the events and causes between 1679-1685, that contribute to James Scott, Duke of Monmouth’s fall from grace and eventual execution.
While volunteering at Slough Museum, I have carried out research for visitors and locals a like who have contacted the museum via snail mail, Email or face to face inquires about local history.
These Research topics include:
- Local butchers and cattle markets from the turn of the 20th Century
- What happened in Burnham Beeches during World War II.
- The local myths & legends of the “Ostrich Inn” Colnbrook
- Buckinghamshire Homeguards within Slough
- Earthworks Information regarding Cippenham Palace within the Museums Archive
- Early Factories that established Slough Trading Estate
- Stoke Poges House & its history
- Military Bases in Slough in 1943
- Local Chemists on Slough High Street and their individual remedies between 1880-1989.
- Eton Union Work House, Upton
- Red Lion (Crown Corner, Off High Street Slough)
- Baylis House 1900- mid 20th century, its owners, uses and renovation.
- Slough Theatre Group Circa 1880, Venues and performance details.
- The dates of specific local Mayors during the late 20th Century.
- The various locations of the late Woolworths branches in Slough